Elvis Presley is among favourite lullabies

Elvis Presley, Guns N’ Roses and of all people, Katy Perry have become on of the nations favourite bedtime companions after being named in a poll of the nations favourite "alternative lullabies".

What exactly Katy Perry can bring to the bedroom I’ll never know, and I’m sure Elvis might be a little too decomposed to bring any real satisfaction come night-time, but according to a survey of modern parents, they prefer to sing their babies to sleep with rock songs and boyband ballads rather than traditional nursery songs. Interesting.

Top of the list is British band Take That's Patience, followed by Robbie Williams' hit Angels, and Katy Perry's smash I Kissed A Girl. Other surprising entries in the top ten include Wonderwall by Oasis, Welsh songstress Duffy's Warwick Avenue, and Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.

Comment on this Article

Parents taking part in the poll said it was easier to remember the words to modern songs, with many agreeing that traditional lullabies sound old fashioned.

The Top Ten alternative lullabies are:

Patience - Take That

Angels - Robbie Williams

I Kissed a Girl - Kate Perry

You're Beautiful - James Blunt

Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley

Beautiful - Christine Aguilera

Warwick Avenue - Duffy

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses

Wonderwall - Oasis

Girl – Sugababes

Well personally I don’t think Inchworm did me any harm… and it learnt me to count; “I kissed a girl and I liked it”… isn’t that a bit X-Rated for night-time sing-a-longs?
Posted on 7:38 PM by Strikerson and filed under | 0 Comments »

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template